[Zope] interaction with local FS

Meilicke, Scott scott.meilicke@intp.com
Mon, 27 Jan 2003 08:57:45 -0800

There is a product called LocalFS, which will allow you access to the file
system.  However, the access is with the username/password specified in the
properties of LocalFS, so it may be laborious to set up a LocalFS instance
for each user you have.

Scott

-----Original Message-----
From: Mario Bianchi [mailto:kammamuri_mb@hotmail.com]
Sent: Monday, January 27, 2003 6:25 AM
To: zope@zope.org; zope-dev@zope.org
Subject: [Zope] interaction with local FS

Hi everyone,
I'm curious in finding out how zope interacts with the server's file system:

let's say I want to allow the users of my site to manage (read/write) their
own files on the server's file system, does Zope support this goal anyhow?
As far as I've seen, to me the response seems to be no, it doesn't! The only

way to access the server's file system from zope seems to be using the
ExternalFile product, which is far from satisfactory from the point of view
of file access rights: it only allows access to files owned by zope itself
(or in the same group of zope's).
No way to access 'someuser''s files with the uid of 'someuser'?
Thanks,
   Mario.