[Zope] Setting the "selected" attribute in zpt

Dylan Reinhardt zope@dylanreinhardt.com
Mon, 27 Jan 2003 09:37:18 -0800

At 08:47 AM 1/27/2003, Geir B=E6kholt wrote:
>Hello Dylan,
>
>Monday, January 27, 2003, 4:19:54 PM, you wrote:
>
> >>This  (selected=3D"selected") doesn't work in the browsers.
> >>Can anyone see what I am doing wrong?
>
> > That code works for me in Opera and IE6... but it's not 100% correct=
 HTML.

>it is 100% correct XHTML and should work fine in all recent browsers.

Indeed... the operative word being "should."

However, the original poster says selected=3D"selected" doesn't render=20
correctly on his browser.  I'm making the assumption that he knows well=20
enough to say that with some authority.

Since the browser wasn't specified, one has to suspect non-support for=20
XHTML.  XHTML is pretty darn close to fully backwards-compatible with HTML,=
=20
but I have heard of issues, particularly with Mozilla.  Oddly enough, the=20
OP's MUA is Mozilla.

Not that I've heard of any problems with *this* particular attribute... and=
=20
as I said, it works on *my* browsers.  I merely suggested he give the HTML=
=20
syntax a try... if he came back saying that made no difference, the next=20
suggestion would be to take a closer look to make *sure* this was the code=
=20
being rendered.

If that change to HTML syntax *did* make a difference... well, there's your=
=20
answer right there.

Feel free to jump in and share any theory you have on what else might=20
produce this problem.

Dylan