[Zope] From development to production ??

Dieter Maurer dieter@handshake.de
Tue, 28 Jan 2003 20:26:49 +0100

Thierry Florac wrote at 2003-1-28 10:09 +0100:
 > My problem is simple : I'm working in a development environment (a
 > specific Zope server) on a web site powered by several Zope products, as
 > well as several DTML methods and Python scripts (which have to be
 > available to webmasters for customization).
You have already learned about ZSyncer...

When you use it, you must keep in mind:

  *  ZSyncer syncs objects as a whole together with all
     attributes and subobjects.
     There is no way to exclude parts of an object
     form being synced.

  *  Because of this, you must organize your site in
     a special way.

     You must strictly separate infrastructure and common
     configuration (synced) from site specific configuration
     and content (not synced).

  *  Objects containing both configuration and content
     pose big problems.

     A standard example is a ZCatalog.

     You (probably) would like to sync the configuration
     (index- and meta data-definitions) but you
     must not sync the content.

     We have no solution for this problem, yet.

Dieter