[Zope] swf to jpg conversions under Zope

Jerome Alet alet@librelogiciel.com
Tue, 28 Jan 2003 21:13:14 +0100

On Tue, Jan 28, 2003 at 12:06:18PM -0800, Dennis Allison wrote:
> I need to construct some pdf documents under Zope that incorporate
> Macromedia Flash *.swf files (static images).  The HTML->pdf programs
> I have seen don't grok *.swf files so a conversion step is needed.
> Can anyone point me to a server-side swp->jpg (or other format) converter
> suitable for use under Linux and Zope?

A solution I've used to extract still pictures from RealVideo files,
i.e. a proprietary data format, is a python script which launches
RealPlayer then uses ImageMagick's import command to capture it's
window and save it as jpeg.

I guess this wouldn't be very good on the server side, but maybe
you could do something like that on a workstation if the images
you want are static, and then put them on the server already
extracted.

hth

Jerome Alet

--
(c) 1928-???? The letters U, S, and A and the U.S.A. flag are
the copyrighted property of Disney Enterprises Inc.