[Zope] Hardware for Zope + ZEO

Dario Lopez-Kästen dario@ita.chalmers.se
Wed, 29 Jan 2003 11:24:34 +0100

----- Original Message -----
From: "Wankyu Choi" <wankyu@neoqst.com>

<..znip..>

> 1. A user registers as a member of a CMF site: his member data and
> credentials all go into MySQL; user folder and member data tool are just
> wrappers to pool data from MySQL. I wrote a userfolder doing exactly this
> months ago but realized that the member data schema couldn't be as
flexible
> as a normal member data tool would be as a dynamic dictionary :-(

No, but if you look at how, for instance, exUserFolder you can have a single
table called properties that you can use to store info (one row per user and
property/data snippet). It would also be possible to use this set up build
hierarchies of properties. These can very simply be translated to
dictionaries.

<..znip..>

> Thanks again and I appologize for these constant stupid questions^^ But
> they're really important to me since I have to shell out the dough soon
for
> new machines anyway, and need a concrete picture of what I'd do with Zope,
> ZEO and stuff.

hehe... I think they are not stupid at all. I agree with you that it is very
hard to find information on how to use zope in a Very Large Scale scenario.
So I think they are not stupid at all - IMHO, they just haven't been
adressed properly previously.

I am very interested in what you will be able to conclude since I have
similar concerns (with about 1/10 of your user base :-)

> Best Regards,
> Wankyu Choi

Ditto,

/dario

Dario Lopez-Kästen, dario@ita.chalmers.se        IT Systems & Services
System Developer/System Administrator     Chalmers University of Tech.