[Zope] Two more questions...

Dieter Maurer dieter@handshake.de
Wed, 29 Jan 2003 21:42:24 +0100

Thierry Florac wrote at 2003-1-29 17:41 +0100:
 > two more questions about Zope :
 >
 > 1. I think that I've made several mistakes while assigning Zope
 > permissions. Is there any way to reinitialize Zope permissions on all
 > objects with their default value ?
The easiest is the "Undo" facility (when you did not change too many settings).

Another option:

  Everything you can do with the ZMI can be automated.
  Look at the ZMI source...

 > 2. I'm using ZSession product to store sessions instances of Zope
 > persistent objects.
With "ZSession" you do not mean the Zope Session product that comes
with Zope but a separate third party product, right?

Then, you should not put persistent data in your sessions!
You may get non-deterministic behaviour...

 > When calling "absolute_url()" on these objects, the
 > SiteRoot object located in my Zope site is not taken into account. Is it
 > a normal behaviour ??
I told you to forget about SiteRoot...

Even when you follow my advice, objects taken from a session object
have a funny acquisition structure, probably completely different
than what you would expect...

Dieter