[Zope] Re: New Management Tabs and data types only with ZClasses or products

Maik Jablonski maik.jablonski@uni-bielefeld.de
Thu, 30 Jan 2003 19:16:50 +0100

hohage wrote:
> Thanks for your advice.
> I'd like to make a more obvious description.
> One of the goals is to build a news site.
> Should I prefer to save the news articles as properties of the news folder or
> as separate documents inside the folder.
> I've read about issues concerning very large folders.
> Not by size, but by amount of objects.
> Isn't btreefolder therefore being developed.
>

> If I choose to go the way of independent objects in 2 years I' ll have >3000
> objects in the folder.
> Otherwise >6000 properties of one folder object.

BTreefolder should help you out. Just another idea is to split your news
into ordinary subfolders by datetime-hierarchies. Something like

2003
   / 01 => All news from jan 2003

2002
   / 12 => All news from dec 2003
   / 11 => All news form nov 2003

I use this scheme for storing the mails within my Zope-MailBoxer and it
works very well... even for high-traffic lists.

Cheers, Maik