[Zope] Integrating Zope with the file system

Dieter Maurer dieter@handshake.de
Fri, 4 Jul 2003 20:37:08 +0200

Stan Baptista wrote at 2003-6-30 14:29 -0700:
 > Hi all,
 >
 > I want to integrate my Zope/Plone portal with files on
 > the Lan.  Does a product exist that:
 >
 > 1) Allows viewing/editing of (e.g.) Windows files
 > w/out requiring that they be made Zope objects?
 >
 > 2) Does not have security holes since the files would
 > be available via the Internet.

You want to allow writing in your file system via the internet.
This is at least a bit troublesome.

 > 3) Provides text search capability, again, w/out
 > requiring that they become Zope objects?

Have a look at "LocalFS".

It supports 1) and 3).
I do not know about security holes but that does not imply there are none!

Dieter