webdav editing of properties (was [Zope] Hook for WebDAV list?)

Tim Hicks tim@sitefusion.co.uk
Sat, 5 Jul 2003 14:19:43 +0100 (BST)

> Peering through the source, I'm trying to find the place that is called
> when you request a collection (aka folder) list in WebDAV. I want to
> managle object names returned for WebDAV only.
>
> I can affect this for FTP access, but don't see where the WebDAV listings
> originate.
>
> Can anyone steer me to the right place?

Hi Joel (and zope list),

a long time ago, you posted this message to the zope list.  You didn't appear to get
an answer, but I was wondering if you figured out the answer yourself.

I assume you 'can affect this for FTP access' by over-riding the manage_FTPlist()
method.  Is that right?

Maybe I should add that the reason I'm trying to do this is so that I can make
object properties editable through webdav (and FTP I suppose).  I envisage providing
each property as an extra 'file' in the directory listing, probably prepending (if
that's a word) some characters to the property id to signify that it is actually a
property.

Is this a mugs game?  Is there a better way?

cheers,

tim