[Zope] File Retrieval

Sergey Volobuev zope@phpv.khv.ru
Wed, 09 Jul 2003 01:12:32 +1100

>  I am new to this list and to zope. My company has a client who just requested that we move their site and make some additions to it. I was handed this project the only problem is their site runs on zope. I don't know zope or python. This isn't a big deal learning languages and platforms can be done easily enough. However, their we cannot ftp into the server that is currently holding their files. This means that everything will need to be rewritten from the ground up, unless zope has some functionality that will allow us to grab their site's back end.

Notice that downloading site content over ftp and then uploading it into
another Zope instance will definitely broke the things. You need http
access to Zope Management Interface so you can export data and than
reimport it into another Zope. Usually you need to access
http://site.com/manage or http://site.com:8080/manage end enter enter
some login and password...

Another way is moving Data.fs file where all things are usually stored.

And you will need to install third-party filesystem-based products used
by this site to use it.