[Zope] documentation LocalFS

J Cameron Cooper jccooper@jcameroncooper.com
Wed, 09 Jul 2003 12:35:12 -0500

>  I am trying to develop a portal using the LocalFS product but
> unfortunately I don't have any documentation or examples of this product.
>
> Is there any documentation available ?

LocalFS has online help pages for its handful of screens, not to mention
almost entirely complete prompts on each of those screens. It's not
really big enough or complex enough to merit any more in-depth
user-level docs.

It is also too simple code-wise to merit developer-level documentation.
Prose description of the operation of a system is only justified in
really big systems. For something like LocalFS just read the code.
LocalFS has exactly two (2!) Python source files, one of which is a
bog-standard init and the other a very obvious and well-commented
implementation of the whole system in something over 1000 lines.

Or is there something more specific that you want?

          --jcc