[Zope] Apache 2 : stuck fixing content-length HTTP header

Gilles Lenfant gilles@pilotsystems.net
Wed, 9 Jul 2003 21:30:17 +0200

Hi,

This is not - strictly speaking - a Zope problem, but perhaps it's a fixed
issue for some of you.

When using the standard RewriteRule scheme with a VirtualHost monster,
Apache 2 removes the "content-length" HTTP header from the response provided
by Zope.

This does not matter for most web pages, but this disturbs viewing a PDF
file with IE (for a reason I don't know). Mozilla (and perhaps other
browsers) don't care about this and show the PDF file through the plugin.
But most people use IE and I didn't find anything in the Apache 2 doc to fix
this.

Any hint is welcome, including RTFMs :o)

Many thanks in advance.

--Gilles