[Zope] Testing for and/or avoiding acquisition

Dieter Maurer dieter@handshake.de
Wed, 9 Jul 2003 20:26:58 +0200

Samir Mishra wrote at 2003-7-9 13:38 +0400:
 > look at context.aq_explicit. I had a similar problem a short while ago, got
 > help on this list. So you could search for emails in this list with keyword
 > 'aq_explicit'. And in case I'm wrong about this, someone pls let me know.

You can use "aq_explicit" but it is not completely safe (although
it will work in most cases).

The best way would be to apply the patch "hasattr_unacquired"
you find in the Zope collector (hopefully, it will be included
in Zope 2.7). Of course, this requires full control over the
Zope installation.

Finally, you can implement the "hasattr_unacquired" in an External
Method and use this.

Dieter