[Zope] Zope hangs with no visible reason

Jakub Wisniowski =?ISO-8859-1?B?SmFrdWIgV2mcbmlvd3NraQ==?= <jakub.wisniowski@euro.coig.pl>
Thu, 17 Jul 2003 10:56:08 +0200

Hi

  Today was the second time when my Zope has hanged up. The same thing has
happened 6 days ago.
  I've never got problems with stability since I have moved from Zope
2.6.1 back to 2.6.0. This was caused by experiencing a bug described in Collector
(Issue 852).
  Here is some background: I run Zope 2.6.0 on Windows 2000 server.
Products installed are:
      - CCSQLMethods
      - DCOracle2    (1.3 beta)
      - ZODBCADA
      - exUserFolder (0-10-10)

   My application works with Oracle 8i database and has about 150
   users. There is no Apache in front of Zope yet.

   Why it hangs? I have checked event log and the last thing logged in
before hang up was:
    - first hang up:

      2003-07-11T17:44:22 INFO(0) ZODB conflict error at /cr/centralne/blokowanieDokumentow/blok/LFaktur
                                                    (186 conflicts since startup at 2003-07-09T23:04:31)

    - and the second one:
      2003-07-17T08:15:16 INFO(0) ZODB conflict error at /cr/centralne/rozliczeniaBezgotowkowe/dokumentDyspozycji/
                                                    przegladPozycji/wyborFaktur/listaFakturS/zapiszZmiany
                                                    (663 conflicts since startup at 2003-07-14T08:19:55)

         ...iteration over the number of conflicts...

      2003-07-17T08:25:17 INFO(0) ZODB conflict error at /cr/centralne/rozliczeniaBezgotowkowe/dokumentDyspozycji/
                                                    przegladPozycji/wyborFaktur/listaFakturS
                                                    (669 conflicts since startup at 2003-07-14T08:19:55)

    The next logged thing in were standard messages of zope startup.

   Is it possible that conflict errors killed my zope? I think
about patching my Zope installation with Dieter Maurer's ReadConflictError
patch, but I'm neither sure this will help nor this will work with
2.6.0.
   Any ideas?

Jakub