[Zope] Typecasting in DTML (or is this Python?)

Paul Winkler pw_lists@slinkp.com
Fri, 18 Jul 2003 10:32:20 -0400

On Fri, Jul 18, 2003 at 05:17:48PM +0800, Julian Clark wrote:
> Dylan,
>
> Thanks for your prompt reply.
> I'm only familiar with typecasting from my experience in Java (which isn't huge).
> it doesn't look like you're using the % as modulus in this context. Would you mind explaining a little of the syntax or pointing me
> towards a url which would have some tutorials/documentation.

<dtml-var "foo"> is shorthand for <dtml-var expr="foo">;
in either case, the stuff in quotes is a Python expression.
(I wasn't sure if you knew that.)

So what you're really asking is for a Python tutorial. There are lots:
http://www.python.org/doc/Newbies.html
and the "official" tutorial:
http://www.python.org/doc/current/tut/tut.html

--