[Zope] Re: Zope 2.6.2 Beta 4 Released

Andreas Jung Andreas Jung <andreas@andreas-jung.com>
Sat, 19 Jul 2003 13:43:16 +0200

--On Samstag, 19. Juli 2003 13:33 Uhr +0200 Josef Meile
<jmeile@hotmail.com> wrote:

>> I don't get your point. Both releases have nothing in common in terms
>> of release scheduling. Check the Zope 2.7 wiki on dev.zope.org
> OK, I think I understood, you'll continue supporting 2.6.x till a stable
> version
> of 2.7.0 will be released, won't you?

I don't know if there is a written down policy but usually at least the
latest
stable branch is maintained. E.g. at this time bugfixes will go into 2.6
and 2.7
but not into 2.5 anymore

> I was a little bit confused because in the past when Zope.org released a
> new
> branch they didn't continue developing the previous one and you should
> migrate
> to the new one in order to have the latest bug fixes and features. But now
> because
> of the impact of the new features, that's what I could guess, they decided
> to continue
> maintaining 2.6.x and improving 2.7.x till a stable version is released.
> So, it is better
> to continue using 2.6.x for production and 2.7.x for testing, isn't it?
>
>> for the new features in 2.7.  Zope 2.6 is in the maintenance phase. That
> means 2.6.X will contain mostly bugfixes but no new features. Btw.
>> bugfixes are usually applied to the current development branch (which is
>> actually Zope 2.7) *and* on the the maintenance branch. Btw. you should
> read doc/CHANGES.txt
> Yes, I've already read it, but I didn't find bug Collector #964 on 2.7.0a,
> but I guess it's because of the schedule differences

According to the collector.zope.org, #964 is fixed for 2.6 and 2.7.

-aj