[Zope] Formulator--pre-selecting a line in a multiline field

Dieter Fischer dieter.fischer@grid-it.ch
Mon, 21 Jul 2003 23:05:33 +0200

Hello David

> Are you suggesting that I should create a hidden field and assign it the
> value I want to select -- and then refer to that hidden field as
> the default value of the Formulator multiline widget? Does the Formulator
> rendering code understand how to do that with a multilist field?

Yes, exactly. When you put the value in the hidden field of the form, it
will be in the REQUEST of the formulator form. The magic of formulator puts
then the selected="selected" HTML stuff. This even works with
MultiListFields.

Regards

Dieter