[Zope] PyXML and SOAPpy installation for Zope

Fred Yankowski fred@ontosys.com
Tue, 22 Jul 2003 14:41:42 -0500

On Tue, Jul 22, 2003 at 02:23:46PM -0400, Charlie Jones wrote:
> I am trying to create some External Methods in Zope to access some
> simple web services.  I have both these packages working under the
> default Python installation on my server, but I don't have a clue on
> how to get them to install in the python setup for Zope.

You should be able to install them in the zope SOFTWARE_HOME and then
import and use them as usual (for python programs) from your External
Methods.  If you installed a binary version of Zope that comes with
its own python executable, you could do this to install the software:

	cd some_distutils_compatible_python_package
	/usr/local/Zope-2.6.1-linux2-x86/bin/python setup.py install

If you are running some other python executable, you can add command
line arguments to the above 'install' command to direct it to install
the software into the Zope SOFTWARE_HOME.  Or you could let it install
in that python's default library -- it's all the same as far as being
importable into an External Method.

--
Fred Yankowski      fred@ontosys.com           tel: +1.630.879.1312
OntoSys, Inc	    PGP keyID: 7B449345        fax: +1.630.879.1370