[Zope] Interfaces to imported python modules

Dieter Maurer dieter@handshake.de
Wed, 23 Jul 2003 20:29:48 +0200

Matt wrote at 2003-7-23 18:32 +1200:
 > I seem to be having a problem accessing attributes and methods of
 > objects created inside a custom Zope product from python scripts and
 > ZPTs.

Whenever you have authorization problems, Shane's "VerboseSecurity"
may help you.

 >     def createAndAddDataObject( self ):
 >         self.dataObjects.append( Data( ) )
 >
 >     def getDataObjects( self ):
 >         """
 >         return the dara
 >         """
 >         return self.dataObjects
 >

 > Class Data:
 >
 >     def __init__( self ):
 >         self.data = ObjectA()
 > The problem is that I can call a method such as getDataObjects from a
 > python script and get back a list of objects of type Data.  However I
 > cannot access the attributes or methods of the ".data" attributes of
 > these Data objects.

Your "ObjectA" instances must have security declarations.

Unless they derive from "Acquisition.[Im|Ex]plicite",
they must be public.

The ZDG should provide the details.

Dieter