[Zope] Zope dies unexpectedly (segfault?)

Dieter Maurer dieter@handshake.de
Fri, 25 Jul 2003 01:20:45 +0200

VanL wrote at 2003-7-23 10:46 -0600:
 > I have used this same interface before from different contexts, but when
 >   I try to use it here, Zope (apparently) segfaults.  A python core file
 > is left behind, and no trace of any exception is logged in any log that
 > I can find. (checked /error_log, the zeo log, and the zope process log
 > on disk)
 >
 > Does anybody know why this is happening?

No.

 > Has anybody seen something
 > similar, or better yet, fixed something similar?

A long time ago, I had to analyse a similar situation.
It turned out to be a memory corruption caused by the
Oracle client library.

You get a "core" file?
Open it in the debugger ("gdb").
When Python died from a segfault, the debugger should tell us.
You should also see where Python died. This may give a valuable
hint on the why.

Dieter