[Zope] Re: [Exuserfolder-users] Help with exUserfolder( CVS - postgres auth ) and Groupuserfolder ( CVS ) - a showstopper 'bug'

Andrew Kenneth Milton akm@theinternet.com.au
Mon, 28 Jul 2003 23:23:49 +1000

+-------[ Heimo Laukkanen ]----------------------
| I'm having very very strange performance problem with exUserFolder with
| Group Userfolder - but only when using PostgreSql authentication source.
|  With ZODB authsource or without GRUF everything works just fine
| without any problems.
|
| This is a very nasty almost showstopper for me, so any help would be
| appreciated and I can atleast offer a beer in Europython 2004, if not
| even something else. Like said this is almost a showstopper that I need
| to overcome ,-6
|
| Setup:
| Zope 2.6.1
| Python 2.2.2
| ZEO
| exUserFolder from CVS
| GroupUserFolder from CVS
| Plone 1.0.3

Plone/CMF causes infinite loops in some cases with XUF and property sources,
since CMF has it's own User object. I don't know about GRUF.

| Total time for a page was more than 7 seconds, when with normal user
| folder or without gruff it was 0.3 seconds.

| Any help would be very appreciated. GRUF and Exuserfolder are both great
| tools and I need to be able to use them together for the sake of
| requirements in certain functionality.

Tried using the Group source of XUF instead of using GRUF?

If you get some better traces of WHY it's calling listUsers over and over
again, we might be able to work out what's going on.

--
Totally Holistic Enterprises Internet|                      | Andrew Milton
The Internet (Aust) Pty Ltd          |  M:+61 416 022 411   |