[Zope] Running Zope 2.7 as daemon

Dylan Reinhardt zope@dylanreinhardt.com
28 Jul 2003 09:05:25 -0700

If you really do want Zope running as a daemon (i.e., it launches at
boot time), you'll need script that does this.  How it's set up depends
on your linux distro.  Again, depending on distro, it will be called
either an rc script or an init script..

If you just want to launch Zope from ssh (for development, say), append
an ampersand (&) to the end of your command.  That will detach the
process from your terminal.  If you start Zope this way, you should su
to the user you want to run Zope as before you run it.

Once you're running a publicly available server, the very next thing you
should do is get a good book on Linux security.  :-)

HTH,

Dylan