[Zope] Re: Assumption on use of .render() in rendering formulator field in the actual HTML

Sam Peterson skpeterson@ucdavis.edu
Mon, 28 Jul 2003 13:40:40 -0700

---Exteam said on Sunday, Jul 27 2003:
> Hi..
>
> It is my assumption that when we use .render() on the formulator
> field, it names the field from formulator as field_fieldname, in the
> actual HTML.  There is no other alternative to render to get the
> fieldname as field_fieldname. Is my assumption correct.

Not without rewriting formulator, but it's not really a problem,
because validation will put all of the fields into the request
object without the 'field_' prefix.

If you don't want to use Formulator validation, then there isn't much
point in using formulator.

--
Sam Peterson
skpeterson@ucdavis.edu