[Zope] Which folder has a particular attribute

Dylan Reinhardt zope@dylanreinhardt.com
30 Jul 2003 09:30:07 -0700

It sounds like you're doing stuff that's better left for acquisition.

If it really is crucial to do this, I'd use a method called "siteroot"
that returns the id of the folder it's in.  Sprinkle as many of these
around as you need and then anywhere you go, you can acquire the correct
value for the name "siteroot".  Done.

But be aware there's a good chance you're working too hard.  Determining
where things are physically located is not usually necessary in a strong
acquisition-friendly design.

HTH,

Dylan