[Zope] ZCatalog for Zope 2.6.1

Chris Withers chrisw@nipltd.com
Thu, 31 Jul 2003 17:36:22 +0100

Tom P. Allred wrote:
> and when their Properties are changed.  I understand I can use ZClasses to
> create data objects that are CatalogAware and that Products can also be
> created with that attribute and then I could create my data objects from
> those.

Well, how are you File objects created and edited currently?
ZClasses are the work of the devil (sorry Jim ;-) and Products are a bit
heavyweight unless you really need them...

> Archetypes and mxm Easy Product) but for now I'd settle for a way to invoke
> a ZCatalog Find/ReIndex programmatically via python in my user add and
> update programs.

They're python scripts right?

Can you mail them to the list (if they're not too long...)

Basically, you'll be looking to add:

context.YourZCatalog.catalog_object(object)

...in the right place.

Make sure you un-index them when they get deleted and/or moved. And they get
indexed when they get pasted...

cheers,

Chris