[Zope] External methods & persistance and thread safety

Dennis Allison allison@sumeru.stanford.EDU
Wed, 4 Jun 2003 00:51:39 -0700 (PDT)

I have a Zope that is being used for content development.  Much of the
content is maintained in the local file system (e.g. CVS, temporary files,
and the like).  Some of the operations can take a bit of time.  And I have
a number of folks banging on the system at the same time.

Much of the heavy lifiting is done by python external methods and calls to
systems programs through the os.system() method.  It all works swimmingly
but for a couple of instances of anomolous behavior--the wrong file
getting written, for example.  It could be a program error, but I don't
think so.  I'm wondering if I am running afoul of some persistance or
threading problem.   (And to make things suitably complex, this is all
running on a dual processor machine.)

Any thoughts?

-d