[Zope] [OffTopic]Browser Specific Issue

Oliver Bleutgen myzope@gmx.net
Wed, 04 Jun 2003 11:54:40 +0200

Shashank Ashtikar wrote:
> Hi Everyone,
>
> This is not a Zope related question but I am posting it here since it is
> likely that some of you may have encountered it and solved it.
>
> So my apologies.
>
> I am working on a form where user is expected to browse the homes for a file
> and select the one he desires to be processed. I am using following statement
> to display the necessary control.
>
> <input type="File" name="file_name">
>

> On IE when I use file_name I get complete path of the file which is exactly what
> I desire.

Uhm, okay, but as Terry wrote, file_name shouldn't give you the filename
in any case.
Have you used the right enctype attribute in your form tag? If you
haven't used one, this is an error. You can find out how to upload files
by looking at the html source of e.g. zope's file manangement screen.

About the full path, there I can't help you.

cheers,
oliver