[Zope] sort on multiple columns with Catalog

Dieter Maurer dieter@handshake.de
Wed, 4 Jun 2003 20:17:32 +0200

Wim Bekker wrote at 2003-6-4 10:36 +0200:
 > >sort.sequence()
 >
 > I don't know how to use this. I have
 > <dtml-in Catalog(page_type="issuedtml" sort_on='scheduled')>
 >
 > This sorts on 'scheduled'. This groups several issues together, but withing
 > a 'schedule', the issues are in random order. I want these issues also te be
 > sorted. (something like
 > (Catalog('page_type='issuedtml',sort_on=['scheduled','id']))

When you are using "sequence.sort", then you would not use
catalog sorting but let "sequence.sort" do the complete sorting
work.

You find a description of this function in
"DocumentTemplate/sequence/SortEx.py". You may find one also
in the Zope Book (2.6 edition).

Dieter