[Zope] Zope on Mac OS X 10.2.6 with Puthon 2.2.3

Ria Marinussen marinus@cs.utwente.nl
Thu, 5 Jun 2003 09:35:25 +0200

Hi Simon,

I had a similar problem when compiling Zope (version 2.4.x) on a Sun Solaris
operating system.
I needed to compile zope because I wanted Zope to use a previously installed
python, with which I could compile a db-connector for zope. Because there
was allso a compiled version available I was able to trick my zope
compilation.

This was the trick:

I copied the Splitter '.c' file for backup.
Then I emptied the one in the zope source completely.
The I started compiling zope. The compilation succeeded with no problems.
But the resulting Splitter .so file was not correct  or created (I forgot
the exact result).
After that I replaced the Splitter .so file from my own compilation with the
one that was in the compiled version for my OS and everything worked fine.

The problem seemed to be an error in the Splitter '.c' file with a
particular distribution on a particular OS. With Zope 2.5.1 I didn't have
this problem anymore.

I hope this workaround is works for you too!

Greetings,

Ria Marinussen

Webmaster EEMCS - department Computer Science
University of Twente,
The Netherlands