[Zope] Why can't I get to Root Folder?

Paul Winkler pw_lists@slinkp.com
Thu, 5 Jun 2003 07:01:26 -0400

On Thu, Jun 05, 2003 at 03:53:10PM +0100, Simon Forster wrote:

> On Thursday, June 5, 2003, at 10:49  am, Paul Winkler wrote:
>
> >On Thu, Jun 05, 2003 at 02:31:53PM +0100, Simon Forster wrote:
>
> >>This was while playing with versions.
> >
> >Ugh, here we go again...
>
> Is that me asking too many questions or the fact that this has been
> done to death already ;-)

Asking questions is never a problem!  :)
It's more that "versions broke my zope" is a recurring theme
on the list... and the most frequent response is "Don't do that then".

The mailing list archives are very useful. I use the searchable archive
at nipltd.com, but there are other archives around.

> >It's possible that versions may be disabled by default in
> >upcoming zope releases due to many recurring problems.
> >This is still under discussion.
>
> It seems to be a very powerful tool - though if it fubars Zope, maybe
> not.

There's no question it's a useful idea - particularly for making updates
to a "live" site.  But even though some bugs have been fixed in very recent
CVS, I'm left with a general sense that versions are not trustworthy
and I don't have time to thoroughly test-drive them, so I don't use 'em.

--

Paul Winkler
http://www.slinkp.com