[Zope] Bug in ExternalFile v1.2.0? (strange behaviour with Batch Settings)

Elena Schulz elena.schulz@gmx.net
Fri, 6 Jun 2003 18:46:47 +0200

Hi,

I am getting a strange behaviour of ExternalFile v.1.2.0 (Zope2.6.2b1 on
winxp):
Inside a zpt I insert a html-snippet and a zpt-snippet via <div
tal:replace="structure python:here.getContentFiles(here.REQUEST, **args)">

The script getContentFiles contains:
-- snip--
print myLokalFS[myDTMLMethod](context,REQUEST) # html-snippet from LocalFS
print myExternalFileFolder[myZPT](context,REQUEST) # zpt-snippet from
ExternalFile (as LocalFS doesn't handle zpts)

return printed
-- snip--

If I create the ExternalFileObjects in myExternalFileFolder via Batch
Settings the rendered result is just the zpt-snippet without any of the
html-snippet or the surrounded Page Template.

If I create the same via upload of a single ExternalFile or clicking on the
ExternalFile in the ZMI and changing the upload from the uploader underneath
the source-textarea the result will be the expected Template with first the
html-snippet from LocalFS and second the zpt-snippet from the ExternalFile.

Somewhat strange isn't it? Is it a bug or am I missing something?

--Elena