[Zope] Squid vs Apache+mod_proxy+mod_gzip

Fred Yankowski fred@ontosys.com
Mon, 9 Jun 2003 09:46:29 -0500

On Mon, Jun 09, 2003 at 04:33:45PM +0100, Toby Dickenson wrote:
> The squid native log is missing referrer and user agent information, but those
> fields are stored in seperate log files.

Squid can be compiled and configured to make those additional log
files available.  But I have yet to find a log analysis tool that can
handle them.  When I last checked, it was hard (maybe impossible in
the general case) to correlate entries in the referer and user-agent
logs against the main access log; even timestamps for the same access
can differ slightly.

--
Fred Yankowski      fred@ontosys.com           tel: +1.630.879.1312
OntoSys, Inc	    PGP keyID: 7B449345        fax: +1.630.879.1370