[Zope] Zope hang with some python version

Sylvain Thénault Sylvain Thénault
Tue, 10 Jun 2003 09:59:28 +0200

hello,

I've experimented some problem with the latest debian zope packages.
When using some products, Zope starts correctly, handle connections but
never responds to request (no 'connection timeout' message, the browser
wait indefinitly).
I've done some investigations and it seems to be due to the python
version. When running the debian zope package with the python
distribution shipped with the binary zope package from zope.org, it
works fine. The problem arise when using zope with the python 2.1 debian
package from unstable :

[syt@tux syt]$ python2.1
Python 2.1.3+ (#1, May 25 2003, 12:36:52)
[GCC 3.3 (Debian)] on linux2

[syt@tux syt]$ dpkg -l python2.1
||/ Nom           Version    Description
ii  python2.1     2.1.3-19   An interactive object-oriented scripting lan

Note that this doesn't seems to appear using the sarge python2.1 package,
compiled with gcc 3.2 (2.1.3-18). We seem to be in compiler land
there...
BTW, you can get some additional information by looking at :

Any idea ?

--
Sylvain Thénault                               LOGILAB, Paris (France).