[Zope] combining form variables and URL values

jwsacksteder@ramprecision.com jwsacksteder@ramprecision.com
Tue, 10 Jun 2003 15:41:41 -0400

I'm quite sure how I should be thinking about this.

I  have a page creates a report based on parameters that are in the URL.
This is important because the user must be able to bookmark the location
with the parameters included. For the sake of this example let's say the url
looks like this-
http://www.myserver.com/news/index_html?UID=11234;skin=modern

On that page 'UID' and 'skin' are available to dtml-var. I have a form on
that page that take 2 additional input fields from the user(using formulator
if that matters). I need to then pass all four values into a dtml method for
validation, then into a zsql method. Unfortunately 'UID' and 'skin' are only
in the namespace of the initial page, thus this doesn't work.

I think the solution would be to make some hidden fields in the form and set
their values according to the values on 'UID' and 'skin'. Then once the form
results are passed through the validator all 4 values will be available to
the zsql method.

Is this the most direct way to accomplish this goal?