[Zope] Distributing applications

Geir Bækholt Geir Bækholt
Fri, 13 Jun 2003 11:54:25 +0200

On  Fri, 13 Jun 2003 11:47:41 +0200 GMT (..11:47 where i live(GMT+2) )
Ernesto Saez asked the Zope mailinglist about the following:

> Hi,
> I am starting to use Zope and probably my question is too simple (sorry=
):

> If I create a web application on a server and want toinstall it on
> different machine, do I need Zope installed in this second server?

Yes, unless you just want to suck static pages off the first, and
publish them through apache or something similar.. But then you would
be hard-pressed to call it a web-appligation ;)

> Even more, if the first server is Linux and the second one Windows,
> can I install my application in the Windows Server?

Yes. Just make sure you have all the same Zope filesystem products on
both. Then you just have to copy you Data.fs across..

But wouldn't you rather have it the other way ? Develop on the
windows-box and use the linux one for a server ?

;)

--
Geir Bækholt