[Zope] MS Access odbc connection string problem

Meilicke, Scott scott.meilicke@intp.com
Mon, 16 Jun 2003 11:53:49 -0700

I am just using the dsnname, no username or password.  I also don't have a
username/password within the database itself.

Ensure the user that is running the zope service has access to the share
where the database lives.

Scott

-----Original Message-----
From: Kelley, Sean [mailto:SKelley@ci.santa-rosa.ca.us]
Sent: Monday, June 16, 2003 11:48 AM
To: 'zope@zope.org'
Subject: [Zope] MS Access odbc connection string problem

I am trying to setup an ODBC connection to an MS Access database which is
located on another network server (windows network).  I have been successful
connecting to MS SQL but I cannot get me Access connection to work.

When setting up the ODBC connection in windows control panel on the zope
server I use the unc path \\\server\folders\mydb.mdb to get to the Access
file and create a system DSN.  When I try to create the connection object in
zope and connect to this database I get an error Invalid connection string:
when using the dsnname username password format
Is there a problem creating or using a system DSN with the ZODBC connector
when the location of the database file is on another server other than the
zope server?
With SQL I use the sql user to authenticate in the connection string.  With
Access does one use the windows user with rights to the file or the user
created in the Access file itself to connect?  I have tried both so far.

Any help would be appreciated.
Sean