[Zope] Apache/VHM _and_ AccessRule at the same time

Danny W. Adair danny@adair.net
Tue, 17 Jun 2003 08:47:20 +1200

Thank you Dylan,

At 10:02 AM 6/16/2003 -0700, Dylan Reinhardt wrote:
>I'll take a crack at this.
>
>On Sun, 2003-06-15 at 17:33, Danny W. Adair wrote:
> > Here's my configuration:
> >
> > --------------------------
> > Apache
> > --------------------------
> > <VirtualHost admin.mydomain.com:80>
> > RewriteEngine On
> > ProxyRequests On
>
>First, you do NOT want ProxyRequests on for what you're doing here.
>This directive has nothing to do with being a "reverse" proxy, it is a
>directive for configuring Apache as an outbound HTTP proxy.  Bad idea,
>unless that's what you're intending to do.

I just copied that whole VirtualHost section from the server config.
(Someone else set it up)
I don't know what the ProxyRequest directive actually does :-).
Thanks for the insight, I passed that on; might have been a mistake.

> > customer_id = stack.pop()
>
>I suspect this is your problem.
>
>I don't have time to trace out the whole thing, but you're popping the
>last item off the traversal stack without (it appears) doing any
>checking to see if the last item is actually what you think it is.
>
>You may want to check if stack[-1] matches a customer_id before popping
>it off or step backward through your stack looking for a value that does
>match.

I left that part out, that's why I said it "basically looks like this". I
do check if the last item on the stack is a valid customer_id. But I get
that weird behavior even when passing correct items.
See Ethan's email, I think he knows what the problem is.

Thanks again,
Danny