[Zope] Zope request lockup on ZEO setup

Stefan Bund sbund@artec-berlin.com
Wed, 18 Jun 2003 21:31:46 +0200

Dieter Maurer <dieter@handshake.de> writes:

> Stefan Bund wrote at 2003-6-18 15:19 +0200:
>  > ...
>  > To make a clean install, I started from scratch and downloaded
>  > Zope-2.6.2b2 (the full Linux binary version) and ZEO-2.0.1b1.
> Zope-2.6.2 comes with ZEO-1. ZEO-1 is incompatible with ZEO-2.

I did that. To be more precise, I deleted any ZEO directory i could
find (I dont remember doing that, but find does not find any) and
symlinked the ZEO directory from the ZEO distribution into the
lib/python2.1/site-packages directory. Thats the exact same setup
running on our own server.


some additional information: I already stated, that *no* network
trafik to the ZEO server is generated on any request, that even the
service threads don't seem to start.

This is supplemented by the STUPID_LOG_FILE where I only find:

U 000000000 2003-06-18T21:16:50 System startup
B 144708644 2003-06-18T21:17:11 GET /
I 144708644 2003-06-18T21:17:11 0

I just now tried to use the Standalone ZODB3.2 distribution to no
avail. The phenomenon is exacly the same as above...

I sincerely hope for some additional information,

Thanks, Stefan.

Stefan Bund, Dipl.Phys.                   a   r   T   e  c      _____
Entwicklung, Administration               visual solutions     / |  /|
sbund@artec-berlin.com                                        | /  | /
Fon: 030 / 884684-0 | Fax: 030 / 884684-15                    |/___|/

Gottfried-von-Cramm-Weg 35-37 | Berlin | 14193 | http://www.artec-berlin.com