[Zope] Best way to store data into objects.

Paolo Dina paolo@php3.it
Tue, 24 Jun 2003 16:04:23 +0200

Hi all!
I'm planning a web site for companies catalogation based on tipology
of products they treat with.

In brief, for each company i need to store information like company
name, a short description of their products, phone number, address,
logo and so on.
After this phase, the object that represent the company will be
"saved" in a folder located in a structure like this:

/root
    + Companies
        +-- Dresses
              +-- Shoes
              +-- Hats
              +-- Shirts
        +-- Hobbies
              +-- Fishing
              +-- Skateboards
        etc.

Well, to keep the implementation simple, my thought is to store these
data into a product "ad hoc" to this aim like
PropertyFolder/PropertyObject OR Kube.
They look quite similar and really i have problem deciding which one
to use. Suggestions?

Btw, the fact of don't store data in a real database server for a such
simple applications is a good choice?
Or maybe you would give better hints?

Thanks.

Paolo Dina