[Zope] sequence items and multiple selection boxes

Dieter Maurer dieter@handshake.de
Fri, 27 Jun 2003 00:33:25 +0200

David Siedband wrote at 2003-6-24 10:02 -0700:
 > I've got a DTML form page where people can update the locations that
 > are covered by an environmental project.  I have a multiple selection
 > HTML form element that I am populating with the results of an SQL query
 > that retuerns the complete list of locations.  I have another query
 > that returns a list of locations that are already associated with a
 > specific project.  What I'd like to do is iterate through all the
 > places and add the SELECTED property to those that are already entered
 > for a specific project.  What I have in mind is something like.
 >
 > <dtml-in "queries.getPlacesAll()">
 >    <dtml-in "queries.getPlacesForHypothesis()" prefix=obj>
 >      <option value="<dtml-var PLID>" <dtml-if "PlaceID in (??????)">
 > selected </dtml-if>><dtml-var PlaceName></option>
 >    </dtml-in>
 > </dtml-in>
 >
 > Suggestions?

Most of your "??????" is application specific and you did not yet tell
us these details...

I assume, a ZSQL method "getPlacesForProject" returns the set of associated
PlaceIds and that "PlaceId" is used as column name to
convey this information. Then your "?????" can somehow look like:

       [x.PlaceId for x in getPlaceForProject(project=project)]

Dieter