Re[2]: [Zope] python versions and zope

"Sergey Badamshin" "Sergey Badamshin"
Fri, 27 Jun 2003 06:11:39 +0400

> >  > Unless I am mistaken, Zope 2.5.1, 2.6.0, 2.6.1 all *require* Python 2.1.3
> >  > and will not work with Python 2.2 and later.
> >  >
> >  > Do we have a problem?
> >
> > No, because
> >
> >   *  Python 2.1.3 runs very reliably. We do not need maintenance for it.
> >
> >   *  Zope 2.6 does run with Python 2.x (for "x >= 2")
>
> Really? Is that official?  Because actually, there's a lot of 3rd party
> modules that require 2.2+ (the first that comes to mind is the "constraints"
> module), that I would like to start using.  So being forced to stick with
> 2.1 has been a bit annoying (have to maintain two versions of Python,
> can't integrate some packages with Zope, etc).
>
> If it works, thanks for the info.  I'll definitely try it out.
>
> I assume it's a no-brainer that Zope3 will work with later Python versions,
> of course.

There's an opinion from one person (from russian zopylist) who had big practice in connecting Zope & Python222:
The workability of Zope & Python222 is finished when you try to inherit from object & extension class at once, as well as other analog innovations; they're conflicting with ExtensionClass.

If he's reading the list he would probably explain it in more details..

WBR, Serge