[zope] Please help.

Dieter Maurer dieter@handshake.de
Fri, 27 Jun 2003 20:18:55 +0200

harrisho02 wrote at 2003-6-27 18:16 +0800:
 > We are learning Zope right now and have just 2 Q:

You should learn to search the mailing list archives (e.g. via Google:
"site:lists.zope.org ...").

 > Q1.  How can I implement a "ChangeMyOwnPassword page", exactly like when I
 > login  to my personalization page at
 > http://www.zope.org/Members/harrisho/update_html.
 > so each user can maintain his password.

Search the archives for "manage_users". Read the Zope Book for
"Proxie roles".

 > Q2. "forgot password"
 > How could we email back the password to user given his email is valid in Zope?

That's more difficult. The password is maintained in a private
attribute ("__") of the user object, inaccessible by TTW code.
You need an External Method to access this attribute.

You use "dtml-sendmail" to create the mail. Search for it
to find examples.

Dieter