[Zope] looking for a poor mans' xdrive.com or ibackup.com

Paul Winkler pw_lists@slinkp.com
Sat, 28 Jun 2003 15:56:35 -0400

On Sat, Jun 28, 2003 at 01:18:25PM -0400, David Meltzer wrote:
> hello and thanks for reading this,
> i know that zope support webdav.
> ibackup.com, a commerical company, offers webdav access for a fee.
> i was wondering if someone had written a zope application that could function as a simple webdav
> server

zope does this out of the box. you can upload and download to and from it.

> and a simple user interface to modify it.

modify what?

You should know that windows' implementation of webdav contains
bugs and is not compliant with the webdav spec.  A windows "web folder"
connected to zope seems to upload & download fine, but I have heard of
problems when trying to edit documents "in place".

--

Paul Winkler
http://www.slinkp.com