[Zope] Exporting zodb data (Urgent)

Dylan Reinhardt zope@dylanreinhardt.com
28 Jun 2003 18:48:02 -0700

On Sat, 2003-06-28 at 12:16, Sukhwinder Singh wrote:
> >  Their loss, I suppose.
>
>  They want to it because zope has become very very slow.

Let me guess... they haven't packed the database since the original
developer left the company?

Zope scales quite well, in my experience... I'd wager whatever problem
you're having is probably some easily-fixed configuration or maintenance
issue.  It may be too late to argue that point, but I think you'd find a
lot more help being offered if the client were interested in fixing the
problem instead of blaming the software.  Not your fault, probably...

>  Yes that is what I want, a snapshot. I am working on windows system. What
> is
>  wget? What does it do? Will it work on Windows.

It is native to the Unix world, but available on Windoze as well:

http://space.tin.it/computer/hherold/

>  Question is how do I know which objects store data and how many fields
>  (attributes) are there and their data types etc. in each of those objects.
>  And then how to extract data?

You'll have to inspect the objects... but that won't help you much
unless you have a decent idea what you're looking at.

But that may be irrelevant.  A recursive wget should capture any data
that is hyperlink accessible.  Give it a try and see how close it comes
to what you need.

HTH,

Dylan