[Zope] Exporting zodb data (Urgent)

Sukhwinder Singh ssruprai@hotmail.com
Mon, 30 Jun 2003 00:57:44 +0530

> Let me guess... they haven't packed the database since the original
> developer left the company?
>
> Zope scales quite well, in my experience... I'd wager whatever problem
> you're having is probably some easily-fixed configuration or maintenance
> issue.  It may be too late to argue that point, but I think you'd find a
> lot more help being offered if the client were interested in fixing the
> problem instead of blaming the software.  Not your fault, probably...

This application provides the option to pack the database and I have packed
it myself too. But it is, still, too slow.

Earlier programmer, who originally accepted this project to port this app to
php/mysql, did extract data form zodb and has already written the same
application in php. Speed and performance of the php-mysql is much much
better. I am not blaming zope as I don't know much about it.

But as I had to add more options to this application, I have to extract that
data again. Earlier programmer, somehow extracted the data for himself only
to write application in php. He did'nt  write any script for client to
export that data themself. But I need to provide client this option of
exporting because they are using the system at this time.

--Sukhwinder Singh