[Zope] Re: Zcatalog, full text index, and size issues

Stacy Roberts stacyl_roberts@yahoo.com
Mon, 30 Jun 2003 13:21:24 -0700 (PDT)

The only problem I have with using QueuedCatalog is
that not all my objects are CatalogAware. I have one
container object that is, its subobjects are not. I am
creating my full text index using a script that digs
into the subobjects to pull out the data. I have
programmatic calls to 'reindex_object' after a
propertysheet is changed and when an object is added,
moved, renamed or deleted.

Is the QueuedCatalog still a good option for me? Will
it detect the change in a subobject if the index is
defined by a method that will dig into the subobjects?
Or will I have to find a way to handle this on my own?

Thanks in advance,
Stacy