[Zope] restoring deleted data

Dylan Reinhardt zope@dylanreinhardt.com
Mon, 03 Mar 2003 12:38:18 -0800

At 11:08 AM 3/3/2003, J Cameron Cooper wrote:
>>When I came in last week, I found that my system administrator had
>>completely deleted my version of zope.  Everything was gone - the server,
>>the installation program, the supporting software, ect....
>>
>>I was just wondering if there was a way to recover any of my code or to
>>restore the site, without re-doing everything.  If there is documentation
>>about this on one of the zope sites, feel free to point me to it.
>>
>Yikes. Well, unless your sysadmin also made a backup, I'm afraid you're
>out of luck unless:

What everyone else said, plus:

If you're running Windoze (not that I have any reason to suspect you
are...) I've used R-Studio as a file recovery tool with great results in
the past.  It supports not only FAT32, but also trickier stuff like NTFS,
ext2, RAID and other schemes.  It isn't free, but they do have a demo
version that will show you the files you'll be able to recover with the
commercial version.  When I needed it, it was the best $80 I've ever spent.

http://www.r-studio.com/

HTH,

Dylan