[Zope] do I need to build a product for this?

Dylan Reinhardt zope@dylanreinhardt.com
Mon, 03 Mar 2003 16:30:03 -0800

At 03:24 PM 3/3/2003, sameer chaudhry wrote:
>I have done this using products but I'm wonder if the following is easier
>done within the Zope machinery.
>
>I want to have a python list at a URL say: some_server/list
>
>I want to update that list by appending a line of text to it by going to
>the URL: someserver/list/updatelist
>
>I want to see the updated list by going to the URL:
>someserver/list/viewlist.
>
>Is this possible without building a Product which supports the persistence
>of the list?

Yep.

If all you want to do is maintain a single list, just make that data the
property of some object.  Then create methods that set/edit/view that
information.

Only if you're looking to stamp out a large number of objects that maintain
separate lists will products be the easier way to go.

HTH,

Dylan