[Zope] Zope license

J Cameron Cooper jccooper@jcameroncooper.com
Tue, 04 Mar 2003 14:06:00 -0600

> for the first time in my life  a business asked me for a dinamical web
> site that can start off a cd rom.
>
> I gave them a demo made in Zope and now they ask me about the Zope
> license.
>
> I read the Zope license and I can translate it in Italian for them but
> I wonder wether ther's something more about the business use of Zope.

Not quite sure what you're asking, but Zope is in general free for
distribution or modification by anybody for any purpose so long as you
leave the copyright notice and disclaimer, note any modifications from
the ZC source, and basically don't claim to be Zope Co.

It's actually one of the more readable licenses (shorter than the
preamble to the GPL.)

http://www.zope.com/Legal/zpl_2

some history of the ZPL:
http://www.zope.org/Resources/License