[Zope] persistent object with non-persistent attributes

Jerome Alet alet@librelogiciel.com
Tue, 4 Mar 2003 23:31:48 +0100

On Tue, Mar 04, 2003 at 10:50:34AM -0800, sean.upton@uniontrib.com wrote:

> instance.  Perhaps you could keep an external boolean lock variable in a
> module-level global accessible to all threads, but it might just be easier
> to follow Toby's suggestion and just see if you can keep your myNonZopeClass
> instance object in a module-level global, and just keep a reference to it in
> a _v_ attribute?  I've never tried anything like this, might something like
> this possibly work?

OK, I'll try to write something like this.

The alternative is to open and close the device (serial ports in fact)
every time, and rely on the system to disallow multiple opens at the
same time (untested)

Thanks to all.

Jerome Alet